Microsoft announce extension to 72hr cancellation window for NCE
Microsoft announced yesterday evening that they are updating the change and cancellation window for orders placed within New Commerce Experience...
After months of passionate partner feedback, Microsoft announced yesterday evening that they are updating the change and cancellation window for orders placed within New Commerce Experience (NCE)
The new 7-day cancellation window is effective from midnight on the 18th March 2022 for partners purchasing any new commercial seat-based subscription orders in CSP new commerce. As with the previous 72hr cancellation policy, charges for cancelled subscriptions or seat reductions will be charged pro-rata from the time the subscription is created – until it is cancelled, or seats are reduced. Microsoft have also confirmed that this new 7-day cancellation window, will be effective for all subscriptions purchased seven-days prior to the implementation date and time – (12am UTC Saturday 12th March).
Cancellations within the seven-day window will be enabled for the following commercial subscription scenarios:
- New seat-based subscription purchases on New Commerce
- Seat-based subscriptions that have been renewed on New Commerce
- Seat-based subscriptions purchased on new commerce as a result of a migration from legacy CSP
- Partial new commerce upgrades that resulted in a new subscription
- Reducing seats from incremental seat adds on existing subscriptions or on new subscription orders
Vuzion Managing Director, Michael Frisby, comments: “This is great news for Vuzion Partners transacting in the New Commerce Experience for CSP. The extension to a 7-day change and cancellation window reduces the possibility of error when purchasing new subscriptions.” I think we can all agree that this is welcome news that we have all been pushing Microsoft for.